Makes 6 scones.
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free baking flour
- 1 scoop Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ in unflavored
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup good quality, grated white cheddar cheese, split into 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup
- 8 tablespoons cold organic milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix flour, protein powder, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Mix chives, 3/4 cup cheese, milk and egg in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl and mix until just mixed and still slightly clumpy. Do not overmix.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place batter into a ball in middle, knead 4 times and flatten to a 1/2 inch thick circle.
- Top with remaining grated cheese.
- Cut lightly into 6 slices
- Bake for 17 minutes, check after 15 minutes, remove from oven when toothpick comes out clean.